Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love... real love...

On this day when the whole world seems to be celebrating love, I became aware of how much I love... I love my husband... I love my children and their children... I love my parents... and my sister and brother and their children and grandchildren... I love my friends... and then I realized I love my God more with every minute and every passing hour and that I've got to start showing that love to those who need it. Francis Chan calls this Crazy Love. After having finished his book, my eyes have been opened to a new love. One that I'm going to nurture from now on for the rest of my life.

If you've ever wanted to know what God really wants for your life, this book might be a good place to start... the key is that He wants a relationship with you... all he wants is your love.

I've often heard people say who they want to talk to when they get to Heaven... that is after they spend some time with Jesus... up until now, other than family & friends, I had no one that I could think of that I'd really like to sit down with and just talk about God's wonders, glories, and love... that is until now... now I know, Rev. Chan is who I want to 'chat' with. I want to live every day (now BEFORE I get to Heaven) with Jesus by my side and in my thoughts and I want to be thinking constantly about Heaven. Then the next time I see that man on the corner with his sign asking for money, I'm going to forget what "they" tell us to do and I will see Jesus in his eyes and I will make sure I have some money to give. I get it now.

Just listen to what Francis says about our wonderful God...

No comments: