Sunday, April 05, 2009

Since I've been doing a lot of reading in God's Word, The Bible, and because today is Palm Sunday, I decided this week to finally watch the movie THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST. I thought that now I was strong enough to watch it without letting my emotions take over. I was wrong!!! And I'm so very thankful I was wrong. Through this very graphic reinactment of the final hours of MY LORD AND SAVIOR I gained the true nature of just what he did for me and the extent of the pain he endured because of his unconditional love he showers on me and all that are his children. I would encourage all of you to try and get hold of this movie and watch what he did because he loves us so. I think you will look on the Easter story... Jesus' story... in a very different way. I think, like I thought, that we don't want to know exactly what he went through to provide a way for us to get to God. I think we feel that we don't need to 'see' what he went through because it's too painful for us to watch. Maybe you're like that. I know I was. But after watching this I understand just how much God loves me that he would allow Jesus to go through what he did and I understand now the true sacrifice that Jesus went through. Watching this movie has gotten this message way down in my very being... in my soul. I will NEVER again take my thankfulness for what Jesus did for ME on the cross so lightly. I would again encourage you to watch this. It's very very powerful and if you can walk away from viewing what Jesus did for you without any feeling, then I will pray that your heart would no longer be hardened. There is only one way to the Father, God. And that is through the blood of Jesus that he so freely gave for our sins. I know this isn't a popular way of believing any more, but IT IS THE ONLY WAY!

No comments: