Saturday, May 09, 2009

The Creative


I am so excited about what I've been up to over the past week or so. I've been praying that God would show me new ideas in my designs. And I thought I'd show you what the results were. Many people wonder how I do this so I thought I'd explain the creative process that I go through in designing. The first thing I do is pray that God would lead me through or to give me an image in my mind's eye. I also ask to be lead or drawn to a color or a group of colors that seem to 'fit'. In the case of the little "KNITTED Granny Squares" I was thinking about how could I take a straight line and cause it to create "corners". Once I figured that out then I knew from experience how to make the 'holes' that would give the squares that 'Granny' look. I must admit it took about 7 times to really get the pattern down, but I'm really please with what God and I came up with. The second pattern on the right is called Bara (this word is Hebrew for create, to make something from nothing) As I picked up my needles and yarn I asked God to direct my hands and I heard the number 8, so I cast on 8 stitches. Then the Spirit seemed to say try something you'd think wouldn't work and we will work it out together. And that's how 'we' came up with a totally new and different stitch!!! I have many many stitch design books and have never seen this one. It's so exciting because the more I knit and as the cloth took shape it looked and felt just like an old retro chenille bathrobe or bedspread. I love both of them. So, as I completed the cloth I had to smile because it's it just like our Heavenly Father to give us something we love and to guide us through the times we've asked for His presence!

No comments: