Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Summer Reading...

This is the book I've decided to read now. The author, Randy Alcorn, is one of my favorites. Quoting from the back cover of the book, "Priceless treasure is within your reach. And with it, liberating joy. In Randy Alcorn's THE TREASURE PRINCIPLE, you'll unearth a radical teaching of Jesus-a secret wrapped up in giving. One you discover this secret, life will never look the same. And you won't want it to! Do it. Ask God what's on your mind... Open my eyes, Father. What am I holding on to thats robbing me of present joy and future reward?" This is a quick read... kinda like a gift book. But packed for of jems like "You can't take it with you, but you can send it on ahead." This is not for people who say 'but I don't have anything to give, or for those who 'need every penny'. It is for those who realize that God already owns everything they now have or will ever have. After all, He really owns everything, we are only His managers or caretakers.


I'm also continueing to work my way through the Old Testament. Genisis through Malichi. I'm currently in Numbers during my evening reading and Zechariah in my morning reading. Won't you join me! Get to know God's love letter!!!! Below is a fun way to learn the books of the Bible...


No comments: