Friday, June 19, 2009

Another GREAT book!!!

I just finish Randy Alcorn's book " The Treasure Principle". I LOVED IT!!!! Yes, it's about giving, but it's NOT based on 'giving to get' but on the Biblical principle 'that since all we have comes from God, then it's our responsibility to use what He's given accordingly.' There are a few points either I had not heard before or that really impressed me, they are:
  • Since we are God's money manager's we need to seek His advice in the areas that He'd like us to invest in.
  • Leaving large amounts of money to our children after our deaths may rob them of a blessing from God.
  • The only thing Jesus said in the book of Acts was: "It is more blessed to give than to receive."
  • We often hear the saying "home is where your heart is" well so goes our 'treasures'. If our hearts are in the business of giving, our 'treasures' will not be of this world but of the one we will one day enter (that is if your giving is as to the Lord, and not for pride or selfish means)
  • What we do in this life has but a short time to live (or be active) but what we do to further God's Kingdom now will not only help others now, but us later.
  • I am a citizen of Heaven with all the rights that go along with that citizenship. I am only spending a short time here.
If you'd like to know more about giving and the blessings you get from giving, I'd really recommend this book. As I've mentioned before Rick and I have been so blessed since we started seriously giving as a means of worship and praise. As my mom always says "You can never out give God!!!" It just took me a longer time to learn this... sure wish I had taken advantage of these principles earlier in my life.

No comments: