Thursday, July 29, 2010

More Medical News

Today my Dr. called and told me that after talking with the Nepherologist that they have decided that the cause of my sudden kidney failure does NOT have to do with Rhabdomyolysis because of some enzyme problem that was just found. She also wanted me to have an ultra sound of my kidneys and bladder asap. So, at 1:30 this afternoon, I got a call from the Imaging Center telling me that I have an appointment at 3:00 and that I was to drink 12 oz of liquid an hour before the appointment. So, Rick and I were already out running errands when the call came, we stopped and got me something to drink and then off to the Imaging Center we went. During the ultra sound the tech and I were chatting. I told her that I'm really not too concerned about this kidney thing but that I'm much more worried about my right knee (I was barely able to walk today) After she was finished she said she had to go talk to the Dr. She was gone a long time. When she came back she asked if I was ok. And I said "yes" and she said... we'll after they tell you everything else, you're going to find out that you also have gallstones too." I'm not sure what that meant, but the gallstones don't really come as a big surprise nor am I too worried about it all. I still don't 'feel' sick... just my right knee and leg pain. We'll have to see what tomorrow brings :)

No comments: