Thursday, August 05, 2010

Our Visit To The Nephrologist

Well, our appointment was for 4:00. We got there at 3:30 so we could fill out all the paperwork. We finally met Dr. Moss at 4:45. Our appointment lasted until just after 6:00!!! But boy was this Dr thorough! We asked me questions going back to my childhood. When all was said and done, we were so happy when he said he thought my acute kidney failure is due to some of the medicines I'm taking!!! YEAH!!!! Thank you God for this man! So, I'm off of 2 and will be taking 1/2 of another every other day. I'm really happy about this. I just hope my bp doesn't go up. It's been so good the last few times I've been to the DR. AND something I'm really excited about is that I've lost 17 lbs since July 5th!!!! No diet, just nausea. One of the things that really impressed me is that after examining me, he wondered about the redness of my skin. He asked me if this was normal for me and I said yes, and Rick told him that at times my face gets red as a tomato. This really interested him. He asked if I have ever been tested for Lupus. I know that I have many of the symptoms, but I wanted him to come up with that, not for me to suggest it. So, our plan right now is to get the meds lined up and adjusted, get a blood test every week to make sure what's going on with my kidneys, and to be back in 3 to 4 weeks. As a very last option, if we can't find out what's going on after all of this, then there might be the need for a kidney biopsy. But I really really don't think this will be needed. I just have a feeling that we're going to find out the reason for my high bp and it will get fixed. After this is all done... next will be the orthopedic Dr. Dr Moss did look at my 'bad' knee and he said 'this knee is really messed up'. So, for now, I'm happy to be getting off of some of this medicine. We'll see about my next blood test next week. :)

No comments: