Saturday, October 02, 2010

Aloha :)

(these Hawaiian Protea are my favorite flowers!)

It's been a while since I last posted and so much has happened. I was finally diagnosed with TINU Syndrome. It seems I have a very rare autoimmune disorder that can effect my kidneys and eyes. It's taken about 2 months to get over it, but I'm thanking God that he has seen fit to heal me completely. I will say that I was fearful of losing my eyesight due to the uveitis, but like things we don't always understand I really had nothing to fear but to trust God more. Once my uveitis was resolved, my kidney function went back to normal... another thing to be so thankful for.

And now... God has worked behind the scenes and on Rick's behalf to place him in a position of upper management at the new Lowes store in Honolulu... SO.... we are moving back to Hawaii in less than 2 weeks!!! He is to report to the new store on Oct 16. There is so much to do and so little time to do it.

Today we spent most of our time getting our Piper and Coco ready for travel with shots and check ups. It seems that Piper (who will be traveling directly with Rick to Hawaii) will need to stay in quarantine for 120 days. Coco (who will be traveling with me to Ohio and then onto Hawaii) won't have to go through that. She will probably be released upon her arrival. Hawaii has no cases of Rabies and this strict practice is why.

Well, it seems that God is again in charge of our future. I'm excited to see where he 'drops' me this time. I would love to go back to teaching full time, but I don't know if I have the stamina to do that now. We'll just have to wait and see :)

No comments: